Spring Break has snuck up on us and you have not made any plans. What are you going to do for a full week with the kids out of school? Don’t worry! We have already done the research for you. Here is a list of 5 things to do on your last minute staycation!
- Sulphur, Oklahoma
- Okay, so maybe Sulphur is not exactly a ‘staycation’, but you are still in Oklahoma, so it counts in our books. Sulphur is definitely a hidden gem in our great state. With a luxury spa hotel, unique restaurants and boutiques, and a breathtaking national park, you will find yourself running out of time before you can experience it all! We would recommend checking out Sweet Swirlz ice cream and candy shop conveniently located near the Artesian hotel.
- Air Donkey Zipline Adventures
- For the more adventurous family, head out to the Arbuckle Mountains and experience the “best entertainment on cable”. The zipline is 1,800 feet long, officially making it the longest zipline in Oklahoma. You will be guided along the trails by a professional ready to meet your needs. The cost is $75 a person and a signed waiver is required. After you are finished, stop by the Arbuckle Mountain Fried Pies for a sweet treat!
- Chickasaw National Recreation Area
- Lauded as Oklahoma’s oldest national park, Chickasaw National Recreation Area is perfect for a day outdoors with the whole family. With plenty activities available, wearing out the kiddos for a day will be no problem. Hiking, fishing, and swimming are just a few of the attractions here. Additionally, if you are feeling like an adrenaline junky, there is even a spot to go cliff jumping.
- Cloverleaf is an impossibly colorful flea market and antique shop in Ardmore just begging to be the background of your next Instagram post. Perfect for a mommy and daughter date; pick out some vintage cat eye sunglasses and snap a pic! When you are done shopping, pop over to Ten Star Pizza for quick bite to eat.
- Factory Obscura
- Self described as a “art collective creating immersive experiences”, Factory Obscura is an Oklahoma City based art museum perfect for the whole family. The museum encourages a hands on experience to be fully immersed in the art. They occasionally use themes to describe the collection of art and change them out seasonally.
Hopefully we were able to give you some fun ideas for an Oklahoma staycation. If you end up visiting one of these locations over your spring break, tag us and show us your staycation pics!