New Year, Now What?
It is finally the new year. So, what now? The holidays are over and it seems like a laborious stretch until the next break. After all the stress of the holidays, it is sometimes difficult to picture a whole new year looming ahead of you. We get it. To make the new year seem more invigorating (and honestly do-able), we put together a list of exciting events to look forward to in 2019.
- New royal baby- that is right. We get to welcome Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s first child to the world in 2019. Not only do we get a new little prince, we also get swoon-worthy baby pictures. Be prepared.
- Spice Girls Reunion- This is not a drill, I repeat: this is not a drill! The Spice Girls announced their reunion back in November, but begin their tour in 2019. Although they are missing Posh Spice, this is definitely something you do not want to miss!
- Three new live action Disney movies- Disney is set to release three retellings of their classic animated movies. This summer will be packed with exciting movies for you and your child to enjoy. We can expect Dumbo on March 29th, Aladdin on May 24th, and Lion King on July 19th.
- Captain Marvel- If you are anything like me, seeing the new Wonder Woman was groundbreaking. It was such a breath of fresh air into the superhero universe to see a woman hero save the day. She inspired so many young girls and I am sure Captain Marvel will have the same effect.
- Stranger Things- The hit series will release its third season on Independence day, July 4th, this year. The creators and producer said that we could look forward to a very cinematic season. What else could those kids possibly go through?
- My Little Valentine- Are you wanting to have a Valentine celebration with your children? The Melting Pot is hosting a family friendly event with special deals from their menu to enjoy with your little ones. It takes place February 2nd, 11:30-4:00 p.m.
- Science Museum of Oklahoma Late Nite Lab- A chance to visit the museum with a more quiet and exclusive atmosphere. There will be activities for your child such as candle making and animation lessons. Additionally, if your child has sensory-sensitive needs, this event is a must. This will take place February 8th.
- Dr. Seuss Day in the Garders- Spend a day with your favorite Dr. Seuss characters to celebrate the famed author’s birthday. The event takes place in the Myriad Botanical Gardens on March 2nd and will feature readings from Cat in the Hat and crafts.
- Jim Henson- Life and Legacy- The American Banjo Museum will feature artifacts from Jim Henson’s illustrious career, from Kermit the Frog to the Labyrinth, you will not want to miss this one of a kind exhibit. It will be running from January 8th- August 31st.
- Super Blood Wolf Moon- On the evening of January 20th and the early morning of the 21st, you will be able to observe the moon turning red for a brief period. Beware, the lunar eclipse has been said to trigger earthquakes!
+ There are no commentsAdd yours