5 Books to Read at Bedtime
As a former child myself, I have strong memories of curling up with my parents before bed and reading a good book. A great read as your nightly routine is a beautiful time to slow down and bond with your children. As our children get older and have more activities, it seems the busyness takes attention away from these important quiet moments with one another. We want to help facilitate that wind-down time, so here is a list of children’s books to read to your little one, in order of reading difficulty.
1. The Wonderful Things You Will Be is a sweet book that focuses not on ‘what’ your child will be, but ‘who’ they will be. Oftentimes, we get caught up on what occupation or hobbies our children will have when they’re older, but not so much on who they’ll be. Will they be bold, creative, adventurous, or studious? These are the things this book wants to focus on, because no matter who our children end up being, we will love them regardless.
2. The Day the Crayons Quit is about a little boy, Duncan, who wants to color, but finds that his crayons are all on a strike. It’s up to Duncan to help his crayons reconcile so he can color again. This is a fun, cute story that your children will love for many years to come.
3. The Book With No Pictures is written by TV and comedy star B.J Novak. He captures hilarity in his book without pictures with a series of descriptive, funny words. This book is sure to have your children rolling with laughter.
4. Where the Wild Things Are is about a ornery little boy, Max, with a too big sense of adventure. When Max gets sent to bed without dinner, he runs off to a new land where monsters rule. He becomes king and quickly realizes it’s not what he thought it would be.
5. The Little Prince is a bit larger than any of the other books in this list. This book is definitely better suited for your older elementary aged children. This book explores more mature themes of becoming an adult and wanting to keep a child’s perspective. A fantastic book to read with your own little prince!
+ There are no commentsAdd yours